Sunday, April 24, 2011

Travel: El Nido, Palawan Island Hopping

El Nido is a 6 hours drive from Puerto Princesa. It's like Manila to Baguio :). The long drive is definitely worth it when you arrived. Let me tell you, El Nido isn't like Boracay. It's a place where you can relax, enjoy and be one with nature while in Boracay it's more like parties and events. The main beach in El Nido is so-so. What you want to do when you go there is Island Hopping. There are 4 island packages there but the most popular one is tour A so that's what me and my family opted for.

We arrived at El Nido around 6:00pm, too late for island hopping so we decide that we'll just have it the next day. The tour started at 9:00am, it's a whole day trip because you'll be visiting 5 attractions. The first one in Package A is the Small Lagoon.

                                       The Entrance of the Small Lagoon.


As the caption said, it's the entrance to the Small Lagoon. I didn't have a picture of the small lagoon itself since we were advised not to bring a camera inside because we need to swim in order to get inside. The rock where the kayak came from is the entrance to the lagoon. Yes it's that small that's why I didn't want to bring my camera inside since it's not water proof. The Small Lagoon is breathtaking seriously, words aren't enough to describe the beauty hidden inside those rocks.

                                                   The Big Lagoon

If there's a small lagoon, there is also a big lagoon :).Our next stop is the Big Lagoon, it's big enough that the pump boat that we were riding can pass through it. Basically, this is what the small lagoon looks like just ummm, yeah, smaller. The water is so clear, we can see small fishes swimming, different kinds of corals, sea urchins, and star fish.

                                      The Entrance of the Secret Lagoon

I think this one is named the Secret Lagoon because it's literally a secret, only one person can pass through the entrance. I wonder how they discovered it. The wonders of nature is really wonderful. This is also where we ate our lunch. 

                                                     Shimizu Island

Next stop is Shimizu island, if snorkeling is your thing then this stop is for you. It's a chance to swim with little fishes and witness the beauty of the corals under the water. The stop isn't exactly the Shimizu island, it's a spot near the island. Just throw any food in the water and fishes of different colors and varieties will immediately come.

                                                Entalula Island

The last stop for the tour is my favorite. As the caption above said, it's Entalula island. The first time I saw the white sand, the clear water, and the coconut trees lining up this beach (though not seen in the picture), I automatically fell in love with it. Entalula is the best beach I have ever seen. It's a perfect example of a tropical island. It's a place where you can just relax, forget about the world, and take it easy. Someday, I'll come back here and just spend the rest of the day relaxing and basking under the sun:)

That's it for our El Nido Island hopping adventure, there's three more tour packages to see. I really would like to come back and see all of those islands :) Philippines is really a beautiful and wonderful country and I can't wait to see more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me really happy. Please tell me what you think about my posts. Constructive criticisms are okay too, it helps me improve my writing skills. I'll try to reply to all of your comments <3