Friday, April 22, 2011

Travel: Puerto Princesa, Palawan Underground River

We started the day early since our tour van fetch us at around 7:00 am. One thing that you should know about me is that I'm not a morning person, seriously I start my day at around 12:00 in the afternoon already so I don't like waking up early so I'm a little bit grumpy.LOL. Anyway It's a 2 hours drive from Puerto Princesa City proper to Sabang, where the underground river is located. We arrived at Sabang at 10:00 am, our tour isn't until 2:00pm so we have a lot of time to spare. The tour guide brought us to a nearby beach resort, Parao Beach, where we can swim and eat until our Underground tour and boy, the place is gorgeous! Look!
                                                     Parao Beach.


There you go, now isn't that a beauty? :) Me and my brother played in the water for a bit to cool off since it's a hot day.

At around 1:30pm we went to the harbor where we're going to ride a pump boat to take us to the underground river island. We waited for a little while there before they let us board a boat. Ours is number 48. The boat trip was approximately 45 minutes, a rough one at that since it's on open sea. The South China Sea as we were told by our tour guide.
                                                 Pump boat port:)

When we arrived at the island where the Underground River is located, we registered first then we walked a 5 minutes trail leading to the under ground river itself.

                                    The Entrance to the Underground River

The Underground river ride itself is 45 minutes. If you're afraid of the dark, don't even think about going in there because I tell you it's super dark inside. The boatman kept us entertain the whole time though, he was very very funny. He told us about the different rock formation inside, there were saints, last supper, fruits, vegetables, and even animals. This tour is definitely an adventure I will never forget:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me really happy. Please tell me what you think about my posts. Constructive criticisms are okay too, it helps me improve my writing skills. I'll try to reply to all of your comments <3