Monday, August 27, 2012

Review: 4U2 dreamGirl Lovelight BB Powder SPF 15 PA++

I have an oily face so I need to have a pressed powder on hand. I was looking around Watsons a week back and I saw this cute little packaging and I remembered reading a review about this product. I checked it out and was quite disappointed that it's only available in shade #3 which is a bit dark for my skin tone but when I looked around the whole rack of 4U2 cosmetics there at the right most part was another compact powder I reached for it and found it in shade #2. I immediately grabbed it along with the BB cream and paid for it coz I heard this BB powder is always out of stock >.<




4U2 dreamGirl Lovelight BB powder SPF15++ comes in a cute little packaging that made my friends always coo whenever they see it. They said it looks like a sailor moon compact. (Moon prism power, make up!!!!!! lol) My guy friend who always borrow a mirror from me got embarrassed while holding this one ^0^. The price is also very affordable for just 194php roughly around 4$-5$, this compact is the cheapest bb powder that I've encountered. This is made from Thailand under a US based company named 4U2 cosmetics visit their site for more information here


Product claims that it is a confidence builder through all day complexion perfection. Exclusive formulation for even natural skin tones and oil control. With sun protection, too. Be a dreamGirl. It also says that it is suitable for all skin types. I have high hopes for this product so I decided to use this as my daily powder and it did not fail me at all. I used this as a substitute for my BB cream when I go to school. For the first two hours, my face was shine free. After that though as I have an oily face, I need to puff some powder on just my nose area. 

Swatch on my finger :)

The true test for this baby came yesterday though, we had an event that I've blogged about before here. I applied the powder before I left home at around 6:30am. I puffed some on my nose before the event started at 12:00pm. It was a screening so we were shouting and cheering inside the theater for a good 3 hours. After the event our head told us to go outside and show our gratitude by saying "Thank you" to all the people who attended, I panicked since I knew that I don't look presentable at all, I grabbed this BB powder and apply it on the spot before everyone came out. When everyone comes out, all of us were bowing and saying "Thank you for coming" when a friend approach me and greeted me by saying "Wow, you look fresh nakapag retouch na ng make up ha!" (Wow, you look fresh. You manage to retouch your make-up ha!) I just laughed and express my gratitude to her. I was really wow-ed by this product. The finish did not look as any other powder, it really did look like a BB cream matte velvety finish. It's not cakey at all.


There are only  two things I dislike about this product one is that there is no plastic separator between the powder itself and the puff applicator. Second one is the ingredients, it contains talc which can cause cancer and Propylparaben which can irritate eyes and skin. Other than that this product is a must try!

Overall Rating: 4.5/5 (Less .5 for the things that I dislike)
Repurchase: YES DEFINITELY

Have you tried this product or any other BB powder? How was it?

My dad notice that I've been quite stressed this past two weeks because of exams and events, he bought me these!

Left to right:
Watsons Sakurabella body scrub
Earth Origins Coconut and Almond Hot Oil Cream
Watsons Green tea and cucumber soothing body lotion

YAY for my daddy! He managed to buy all of these :) It's a big achievement for him since he wasn't a fan of Watsons or just a cosmetics store in general. I've always been a daddy's girl~ Regards to all your dads!



25 comments:

  1. Aww, your dad is so sweet!
    and that BB powder is cheap! :o I'm surprised and it that swatch looks pretty thick. and it's huge! great review.

    kaibits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cheap and yet it works so well!
      Thank you for dropping by~

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a cool product. The packaging is very cute, too. It does look like a Sailor Moon compact :)

    Found your blog through the TBI bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great product :)
      Thanks for dropping by~

      Delete
  3. I've been seeing a lot of 4u2 products recently, I bet it must be good! I haven't tried this compact yet but it seems pretty nice as you've described =) Thanks for sharing ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good and affordable too :) I wanna try lots of 4U2 productss because of this.

      No problem and thank you for dropping by~

      Delete
  4. Oh man, this sounds really amazing! I will have to see if i can get any sent to the US sometime! :D Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I hope you get to have your hands on this baby :)

      Delete
  5. I love this powder too! =) Your dad bought you some pretty neat stuff. Nice review! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) ah btw it's your review that got me interested in this product so Thank you~~

      Delete
  6. OOOhh the coconut almond cream slooks soo nice!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells nice too~
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  7. followed back!
    thanks for dropping by~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello lovely, I'm a new follower from bloglovetherapy :) Now following via GFC & Bloglovin. Stop by my blog and say hello xx
    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed you back dear :)
      Thank you for dropping by~

      Delete
  9. Following you back my dear.

    I have to say I am jealous of this BB cream! I have never hear of this brand before and that packaging is absolutely adorable. I too was a childhood fan of sailor moon and yes it does look like her pendant :)

    Sarah
    http://crazedandcaffeine.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu~
      I love sailormoon and your blog is amazing :)

      Delete
  10. Aww thank you~
    Followed you back.
    See you around :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for following! I had no idea BB creams came in a powder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do :) I use this as my bb substitute~
      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  12. Sweet dad! And I need to try that! Do all Watsons stores have this?

    xxxx,

    FMWL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think all Watsons have carry this product :)
      Thanks for dropping by, oh and I followed you~

      Delete
  13. Is this good for sensitive skin? I REALLY WANT THIS! :))

    http://mackysays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. just want to ask. :) is the green tea and cucumber lotion from watsons greasy on the skin?

    ReplyDelete
  15. is the cucumber and green tea lotion from watsons greasy? just want to know since I'm interested in buying it but then I'm looking for a non-greasy lotion for my skin. :) thanks

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me really happy. Please tell me what you think about my posts. Constructive criticisms are okay too, it helps me improve my writing skills. I'll try to reply to all of your comments <3