Saturday, July 14, 2012

Random: Super Series

I'm not particularly into American series, I'm more into asian ones since I love romance, drama, and the likes. The only series that I followed before is Grey's Anatomy since it was my frustration to be a doctor but alas my fear of corpse and blood hindered me:) Since a favorite Asian drama was finished, it was Rooftop Prince btw, I decided to venture into the realms of the west.

I was bored one sunday afternoon and decided to rid my laptop of files that I have no use of, when suddenly I came across a folder that was copied from a close friend around 6 months ago. It was the Season 1 of Once Upon A Time. I was like "What the hell, nothing better to do so I'm watching this" and voila! I was hooked! So I finished it and wanted more, I watch a few more series after that and loved it! I call them my super series since they save me from boredom every sunday. Lame, I know :) Anyways, here is the list of my Super Series and why I love them:



1.
About: Once Upon A Time is a fantasy series from ABC. This series only have 1 season so far and I can't wait for the 2nd one!
Starring: Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Jennifer Morrison, Lara Parrilla, Jared Gilmore, and Robert Carlyle.
Why I love it: As you can probably guess by the title, this is a fairytale-ish series, it has Snow White and her Prince as the main character. I'm sucker for happy endings and fairytales. I love how everytime a new character appears in the modern world, I try to guess who they are in the fairytale world. I HAD LOTS OF FUN! I must admit I was surprise with Beast and Pinnochio's character! Super unexpected! As you can probably tell, I am excited for season 2 which will be out around September or October.
Favorite Character/s: Robert Carlyle is Rumpelstiltskin. I think the whole series revolves around him. He controls everything though sometimes involuntary and unconsciously. I LOVE HIS ACTING PERIOD!


2.
 About: The Mentalist is a Police Crime Fighting series from CBS. It has already four seasons finished and the fifth one is currently airing. I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm almost done with season 2. This series revolves around Patrick Jane, a consultant for California Bureau of Investigation using his psychic powers or observation skills as he said so.
Starring: Simon Baker, Robin Tunney, Tim Kang, Owain Yeoman, Amanda Righetti and MORE :)
Why I love it: As if Simon Baker and his smile is not reason enough to watch this series. hahaha anyway, kidding aside I love this series because again it keeps me guessing on who was the real culprit in every crime that the CBI handles. I also love how the series makes me laugh out loud in just about every episode because of Jane's antics.
Favorite Character/s: Simon Baker as Patrick Jane because of his uncanny and fun way of finding the culprit and closing the case. Also because he seems to have a soft spot for little kids probably because he lost his daughter in this series. Tim Kang as Agent Kimball Cho because of his dry humor and he is probably the biggest accomplice of Patrick Jane in the CBI unit.

3.
About: Nikita is an action series from CW. This one have 2 seasons in its pocket. I'm almost done with season 1. It's about a woman who escaped from a secret government unit known as Division. After three years, she resurfaces with the goal of bringing the unit down.
Starring: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca and more.
Why I love it:  I love the fighting scenes and the forbidden love between Nikita and Michael. They look so good together! :)
Favorite Character/s: Maggie Q as Nikita, Hot girl with a gun. nuff' said. :))








So far that's just about it. I'm just starting to discover good American series so if you have some recommendations do tell me please :)  For now, I only have 3 in my super series list and I'm looking forward to adding more~  If you haven't watch any of these three yet, pls do so! I highly recommend these! :)

See you guys next time! A make-up review post is due soon~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me really happy. Please tell me what you think about my posts. Constructive criticisms are okay too, it helps me improve my writing skills. I'll try to reply to all of your comments <3