Sunday, July 15, 2012

Review: Miners Moisture Effect Moulin Rouge Lipstick

I did promise a make up review in my last post right? So here it is dun dun dun I give you my review of Miners Moisture Effect in Moulin Rouge shade. I've read somewhere that one of the must-haves that any woman should own is a red lipstick. So voila! I decided to buy one and opted for Miners Moulin Rouge so here's my review:



Moulin Rouge Moisture Effect is inspired by the famous Parisian cabaret. This naughty shade is both deep in pigment and in soul. The flirty, ruby lipstick will leave your lips looking vibrant and moisturised.

Moulin Rouge Swatch

 It smells heavenly sweet! It is also very easy to glide on your lips and with color as intense as this, just one layer and you are good to go. Don't worry if you mess up, just dip a q-tip in water and carefully rub it gently on the mess. It comes off really easy.




Left photo was taken right after I applied it. I love how vibrant it is. I thought since it is in the Moisture Effect line its texture will be oily but no, the moisture is just right to not bother me at all. Right photo was taken after about 5-6 hours of application, it faded (as did my make up and I removed my contacts) but not all the way through. 

Tips:
- Using a red lipstick meant that you want it to be the focus of your whole look, so leave the rest of your face bare just a little bit of foundation and mascara will do.
-NEVER ever overdo your blush when using a red lipstick. A very light pink or peach shade is the best for this shade of red.
-Apply a bit of foundation or bb cream around your lips to make the color pop more. 

Overall rating: 5/5
Repurchase: YES!

So there you go, I hope you find this review very helpful!
oh and I'll be at Malaysia and Singapore by mid october. Suggest me a good place to shop at :)

See you!








4 comments:

  1. it looks really good on you ^^
    I love red lipstick <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you <3
      I just discovered the wonders
      of a red lipstick:))

      Delete
  2. you look so sexy wearing that lipstick :D followed you back, dear, nice blog ^^
    ahh you want to visit singapore? then go to Bugis, paradise for shopping!!!! but be careful with your bags, so crowded there :)

    xo
    rheapunya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you >.<
      Oh I do plan to go on Bugis and thank you for the warning~

      Delete

Comments make me really happy. Please tell me what you think about my posts. Constructive criticisms are okay too, it helps me improve my writing skills. I'll try to reply to all of your comments <3